Location & Transportation
La Casa Colibri is built on a mountainside approximately 300 feet above the shores of Lake Atitlan in Guatemala, Central America.
- 2.5 hour direct flight from Miami, Ft Laudrdale, Orlando, Houstan
- 3 hour direct flight from Atlanta and Dallas and 4 hour from LA, Chicago, NYC, DC
- 2.5 hour drive from Guatemala City (International Airport) and Antigua
- 20 minutes from capital by helicopter and 45 minutes from Chichicastenango
- 10 minutes drive from the town of Panajachel
- On outskirts of the village of Santa Catarina Palopa (10 minutes on foot)
To/From Guatemala City: Private transportation from the airport in Guatemala City can be arranged for approximately $100 (total price for up to 12 passengers). Most major rental car agencies have offices in Guatemala City, although driving in this city can be quite challenging, especially for those people who do not speak spanish.
If you do not have own car, you can walk to the nearest village of Santa Catarina Palopo in approximately 10 minutes. There are public pick-up truck taxis which depart every 20 minutes from La Casa Colibri and from Santa Catarina Palopo to Panajachel and cost Q.3.00 per person (approx. $0.40). Alternatively, a private pick-up taxi can be hired to take you from the house to Santa Catarina Palopofor Q.25.00 (approx. $3.30) or to Panajachel for Q.60.00 (approx. $7.50). It is also a nice 45-minute to one hour walk to Panajachel from La Casa Colibri. Tuk tuks (three-wheeled motorized taxis) can also take two passengers from pana to La Casa Colibri for approximately Q.40.00 (approx. $5.30). Be sure to confirm prices for private transportation prior to hopping in!